The Unconfined Compression Test Apparatus
for soil includes uniaxial compression test in which the test specimen is provided with no lateral support while undergoing vertical compression. The test measures the unconfined compression strength of a cylinder of cohesive or semi-cohesive soil and indirectly shearing strength. The shearing strength of the soil is generally taken to be one-half of the unconfined compression strength. The unconfined compression test apparatus is used normally on an undisturbed sample with its natural moisture content. It may also be performed on remolded samples to evaluate the consequences of disturbances and remolding. Unconfined Compression Test Apparatus
is normally useful in soil mechanics laboratories. The unconfined compression test is the simplest and quickest method for evaluation of the shear strength of cohesive soil in the laboratory or in the field. The results from compression test apparatus are widely used in ascertaining the relative consistency and sensitivity for estimating the ultimate bearing capacity. Specifications:
- Load Frame 50kN capacity, Electrically cum Manually Operated with 3 rates of strains 1.25mm, 1.50mm, 2.50mm/min – 1No
- Split Mould 38mm Dia – 1No
- Set of Conning Tools– 1 Set
- Set of Conning Plates with Springs – 1 Set
- Proving Ring, 2.5kN capacity fitted with dial gauge with the set of loading pads and calibration certificate by NCCBM (Govt Testing Lab) in a nice wooden carrying case.
- Dial gauge 0.01mm x 25mm travel
The Machine is fitted with ¼ HP Motor. Suitable for Operation on 220V, Single Phase, 50Hz, AC Supply.